I’m delighted to introduce an interview with Pres Vasilev. Pres Vasilev rose above 30,000 contestants from 122 countries to become the 2013 World Champion of Public Speaking. He is the President of Pres Says, Inc., a company specialising in training business leaders and sales teams to achieve greater influence, productivity, and profits.
During my chat with Pres we discuss:
- An introduction to Toastmasters and getting involved from day one (1.40)
- The journey from new member to speaker at the world final (4.10)
- 2013 in review: an initial idea for a world winning speech (6.48)
- Gathering lots of feedback and using it to prepare for a speech (8.25)
- Overcoming nerves by focusing on your mental rehearsal (11.55)
- The speech structure used to craft a winning speech (17.09)
- Why storytelling is the best way to connect with any audience (22.02)
- The worst advice that is often dispensed about public speaking (26.15)
- The best investment Pres has made in his public speaking journey (30.50)
- Final words of advice for a beginner public speaker (33.01)
Pres spoke on the world stage with a speech titled “Changed by a Tire.” His speech was about the personal experience of reaching out and asking for help. You can watch his performance below.
To learn more about Pres’ keynotes, training, and coaching, visit https://PresSays.com.
Catch-up with some of the other posts in the ‘Expert Interviews’ series here.