Communicate You Interviews John Livesay
I’m delighted to introduce an interview with John Livesay. As a business consultant and coach, John Livesay helps people struggling with their pitch to become irresistible and get the funding they need – fast! John is Host of The Successful Pitch podcast and author of The Successful Pitch book.
During my chat with John we discuss:
- Developing confidence and how to prepare for a speech (2.01)
- Overcoming nerves by remembering ‘moments of certainty’ (3:21)
- Connecting with any audience through storytelling (5:45)
- Delivering technical presentations in the workplace (7:21)
- How to use visual aids when you present (9:38)
- Closing a presentation with a call to action (11:32)
- The worst advice often dispensed about pitching (14.08)
- Recommended books about pitching and presentations (16:42)
- Advice about being authentic when you present (17:51)
For even more great advice check out John’s website here.
Catch-up with some of the other posts in the ‘Expert Interviews’ series here.